How I Document My Memories

Do you save your memories? How do you document your life? Or is that not something that's important to you? Some document memories by taking pictures, scrapbooking, and or journaling. Memory keeping is definitely important to me.  In fact, pocket letters were invented while attempting to document my months with my own version of Project Life (pocket scrapbooking system created by Becky Higgins). Personally, my memory documenting process has changed over the years. I've always taken pictures and journaled, but for a long time this blog (est. 2010) served the sole purpose of documenting my everyday life. I'm trying to get back to blogging by posting more regularly. However, I don't want to neglect journaling either.

Today I'm sharing the two ways I'm preserving my memories. The first is a journal I purchased at TJ Maxx before our move. It's a plain notebook with lined paper, but I've been using it to document major highlights of our time in England. I've also been documenting in my planner (aside from also using it to organise my weekly tasks). Each day I try to jot down what we've been up to.

Here's a peek:
Sometimes I write a little, other times a lot. I'm not too strict about it, and I'm not hard on myself if I forget to do a particular day (see below).
I'll try to share more layouts here, but if you'd like to follow my crafts on the daily, then add me on Instagram. My username is @janettelaneblog.

Do you document your daily life? What memory keeping system do you use? Let me know!


No comments

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette