Come Tour Our Flat!

Hello friends! I'm SO EXCITED to share this blog post for many a reason! Mostly because it’s my first (of hopefully many) overseas entry! Can you believe we're here!? I have SO MUCH to tell and show you--Honestly, I hardly even know where to start. We’ve been in Manchester a little over a month, and I’m happy to say we’re adjusting well and LOVING it here. It’s such a great place with the perfect mix of “big city” (only 30 minutes away) and a “cozy quietness” that makes you want to whisper and tiptoe through some of the neighborhoods (especially where we’ve settled). It’s quite LOVELY! (P.S. Everyone says "lovely" here. Like... a lot.)

I really meant to document our journey from the start on this blog, but my laptop broke shortly after we arrived and I just got my replacement. I clearly have some catching up to do. (We’ve been sharing our adventures on our Instagram account, @jjinmanchester so please feel free to follow along there.) Okay, so lets get this post started! I’ll begin with our flat tour since many of you have requested pictures of the inside.

Boy! Did we luck out on this place! WOWSERS! Thanks be to God! Initially we were a little uneasy because it was the second place we viewed in person. Yes, second. We were so discouraged after the first place we visited (think tiny, cold basement with 6 inch slits for windows *shudder*). Lovey decided on our current place right on the spot after only being inside for about 5 minutes! Haha! He rarely jumps the gun like that, but I’m so glad he did. Truly the Lord was watching out for us, as you shall see!

Here are some pictures... I apologize beforehand for some of the angles. I only brought my 50mm lens and it's a little limiting at times.

Front view of the flat. (It's actually a large house converted to 6 separate units. A very common practice and investment for homeowners turned landlords.)

Lovey studying by our bay window. (I’ve always wanted a bay window!) 

 A commonplace sight--Lovey’s books stacked EVERYWHERE

 Hoping to add some more wall decor as time goes on! We’re on a tight budget so we haven’t decorated like we’d like to. It’s coming along though! 

 Pumpkin candle because we LOVE Fall! (There's really no "It's finally Fall!" frenzy here like there is in the US. Finding pumpkin stuff is proving difficult and limited to canned pumpkin puree in the American section of the larger grocery stores. Not even sure where we could buy a whole pumpkin now that I think of it. Hmm...)

 There’s always condensation on our windows. When we wake up they’re fogged up until about 11AM. 

Our kitchen is TINY and gives me anxiety if Lovey is in there with me while I'm cooking. Haha!

A lot of our furniture, appliances, and odds and ends were purchased from the previous tenant. What a nice gentlemen! He gave us a deal and these little canisters! 

(Rear entrance) These vines grow on EVERYTHING. It's lovely to see the green and red contrast throughout!

Probably a magpie feather. They're everywhere!

Hopefully this has given you an idea on why and how much we love it here! Miss you all and thanks so much for reading!

18 comments

  1. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing pics! So excited for you both on this new adventure. Yay for your new computer! Take care, hugs!!
    Tina Herbeck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys and have been eagerly following along on your IG! Been thinking quite a bit about you and how you are adjusting because you know I've been there! So glad all is well and you are embracing life as an expat. Can't wait to see what else life overseas has in store for you!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and cosy home. Thank you so much for sharing and all the best in your undertakings. I just follow your IG Janette. Interesting gallery over there too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following along! :)

      Delete
  4. You made it cosy. Hope you enjoy life there. I am sure there is lots to see and do in England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear all is going well. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like a great place. I'm so happy for you both, take care. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry your laptop fried! But so glad you made it safely and you're settling in. Praise God for provision! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks brilliant Janette, I love bay windows too but my house doesnt have one. Sorry to hear about your laptop mine broke too my two dogs were fighting and knocked it off the coffee table, I never put my new one on there now lol. Regards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you and Lovey all moved in and it looks very comfy. Of course I can't help thinking of Downton Abbey, though no doubt, they would have been mortified to think about squeezing 6 units into their mansion. I hope and pray you will be very happy here for as long as the Lord sees fit to keep you in Europe. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I so miss being there! If I could, I'd be there in a heart's beat! By the way, what differences have you noticed for grocery shopping & cooking? There are so many grocery products over there that I miss so much. Try the Red Leicester cheese....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flat is lovely. You have to get used to small there but it is cozy. I have been trying to get my husband to move to England. I love it there. You must try a Cornish Pastie, there are lots of pie shops there. All the best and enjoy your English Adventure. Soon you will be visiting Paris, Portugal, Spain ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for reading everyone! I really appreciate all of your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. In Switzerland we say small is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette