CHA Booths & Recap

CHA has come and gone! I can't believe it! I was literally preparing for it for months and months. It's kind of surreal that it's over now, but I feel so accomplished! I had the opportunity to design for three product lines at Sizzix: Sharyn Sowell, the Sizzix Planner Line, and the Sizzix Home Decor Line. (Just to clarify, when I say "design" I mean I design and create the projects for the correlating products which are designed by our licensed and in-house artists.)

So for example, this line of dies and embossing folders by licensed artist, Sharyn Sowell (below), was designed by Sharyn herself.  I was her designated craft designer and created the projects featured on her packaging, in her booth, etc. If you ever head to Michael's and see her products there, I created the projects on her packaging for this particular line, Garden Party.
sharyn sowell art
The Sizzix Planner Line was probably my favorite to work on because I got to buy heaps and heaps of planners, stationery, and planner supplies to feature the stamps and dies in the line. (I work hard for my money! lol) Plus the booth display was one I really enjoyed putting together! It felt most like "me" plus I love planners!

sizzix planner line


sizzix planners
Above: My planner is so GIGANTIC! Never thought I'd see one of my layouts in this size!

The last line I worked on was the Sizzix Home Decor Line. Our artists did such a good job designing these dies. They're so versatile for projects around the home. Speaking of home. See those letters that spell out "home"? So I dropped the "M" the day we were packing up our booths to ship them to the convention center. It shattered and I panicked and rushed back to Hobby Lobby to see if they had any more. Luckily I purchased the last "M" they had! PHEW! #goodtimes
sizzix home decor
Above: My AMAZING, CREATIVE, AND WONDERFUL IN EVERY WAY coworkers & boss!
Above: Close up of the planner I worked on.

My favorite part about CHA, besides that the Sizzix booth space won an award (YAY!), was meeting people! It was a real treat putting real live faces to names. I was able to meet Kathy of Crafty Chica, some planner lovelies, Florence and Tiffany, as well as other licensed artists, Lori Whitlock, Eileen Hull, and Stephanie Barnard (well I've known her for a while, but I finally got a pic with her. lol)



You know what made the whole CHA experience extra wonderful? The fact that it was my first time. I never in a million years imagined myself there, showcasing my projects, and hanging out with talented people in the industry. It was AWESOME! For more of my CHA adventure, check out this video:




PS. Also, I was given the opportunity to contribute some projects for a DIY party theme book! Can you believe it? Someone pinch me! Click here for more on that!


No comments

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette