Pocket Letter Inspiration with Araceli Espindola

ara espindola
Hello! My name is Araceli (AKA Ara), I am a papercrafter from Texas. I love creating anything that involves paper. I love cats and Chapstick. Today I want to show you 3 recent Pocket Letters I made and share some tips. I love creating these and swapping with other crafters. So let's get started!!!!!



pocket letter ideas
 For this Pocket Letter I was going for a Vintage Inspired/whimsy style. I used brands such as Tim Holtz, The Girls Paperie, DCVW, Crate Paper, American Crafts, Sizzix dies, Glitz Designs, labels from Dollar Tree, and Cavallini Papers and CO.

pocket letter ideas
Here is a close up of the shaker card I made for this pocket letter. I have a process video on Youtube if you would like to watch it: Click Here. I used beads that I purchased from Dollar Tree, sequins I purchased from Wal-mart and Hobby Lobby, wood veneer sequins, glitter and a gold paperclip. I then sealed the pocket using the Photo Fuse Tool by WRMK. The "so very lovely" chipboard is on the outside of the pocket which I attached using glue dots.
pocket letter ideas

Pocket Letter#2. The theme for this pocket is Planner Addict. I used a variety of different paper lines. The majority of the stickers are from The 9 to 5 line by October Afternoon. Other Items I used are from MAMBI, Basic Grey, Target Dollar spot, Studio 112, Sticko,  The girl's Paperie. The middle Pocket holds 3 paperclips (from left to right: Maggie Holmes, Kate Spade and Freckled Fawn).

pocket letter ideas
What I like to do before starting any pocket letter is gather as many items  I think will look good and bring everything to my craft desk and only work using those items, no grabbing more or as we usually saym "Oh, I bet blah blah would look good on this," lol. This helps me not over-think and cuts down wasted time.

pocket letter ideas

When I have extra time; I like to wrap up the pocket letters as "gifts".  What I used here is a paper Doily (You can find them in the cake making section at Michaels/Hobby Lobby/Joanns), a scrap piece of patterned cardstock adorned with Washi Tape, and a "thanks" label, a laminated Stag, a Gold glittered heart, and a pink paperclip to hold them all in place.



pocket letter ideas
And lastly, the final Pocket Letter for this post. This was a Tim Holtz Inspired Pocket Letter. Tim Holtz was one of the first Artist's I started following back in the day when I first started scrapbooking. He is sooo dreamy, lol! For this pocket Letter I used Tim Holtz, American Crafts, Prima Marketing, October Afternoon, Sizzix Dies, Basic Grey, The Girls Paperie, Maggie Holmes, and Websters Pages.

pocket letter ideas

Here is a close up of the bottom pocket. I painted a piece of chipboard and once it dried I ran it through my Big Shot using the Sewing Room Sizzix die. I then added a picture (also from Tim Holtz), a flash card that says, "today" (also by Tim Holtz), and layered a Prima Marketing Flower along with a butterfly and safety pin from Tim Holtz. I then added some gesso to the "today" flash card to give it a little texture.


::::::
Thank you Ara for sharing your creative pocket letter designs! You are so talented and I loved learning a little bit more of what you like to use for your pocket letters. If you'd like to see more of Ara's awesome papercrafts, please check out her blog, The Paper Treasury or find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ara_esp. She's also on the Marion Smith planner design team, so you know she knows her stuff!;)



Here's some links you should check out if you're new to Pocket Letters.

What are Pocket Letters?
Janette Lane's Pocket Letter Guide
Pocket Letter Basic Tutorial
Pocket Letter Ideas
Pocket Letter FAQs.
Pocket Letter™ Shop





No comments

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette