Janette Lane for #TargetWedding

I know I've mentioned it before...I LOVE WEDDINGS! I know I've also mentioned that wedding registries can throw me off a bit. No one likes to gift something without putting a little thought into it. And with wedding registries it can be easy to do that. In the past I've been guilty of buying a gift solely based on what fits my budget (Not that that's a bad thing). But I was getting to the point where I wouldn't even look at the item name on the registry. I would just zero in on prices and decide from there. "Oh here's something for $50. What is it? Eh, a first aid kit?" Womp. Womp. So impersonal and not the best way to go about gift buying.

Since teaming up with #TargetWedding, I've become more conscious about how to approach gift registries in general. And I've learned that registries can be both personal, unique, and thoughtful. Today, I'm going to share a gift idea that can be paired with a few simple items for a unique wedding gift.

Lets say the Happy Couple is registered for a fancy BBQ grill  for their new space. Obviously, this girl can't afford to purchase an item like that, but I can purchase BBQ "accessories" or maybe items that the couple will use in the future to host a summer BBQ. Like this Menu Chalkboard. This fun chalkboard can be used during parties and adds personal touch to any event. I would even venture to write a cute quote on the front to personalize it even further. Also, I would include a table cloth, some decorative drink containers, and twinkle lights. These personal touches would complement the BBQ/patio area and would contribute to the liveliness of a backyard bash.


Remember, registries don't have to be impersonal. Don't choose a gift based on only what's most convenient for your pocketbook. Think creatively and outside of the box. There's nothing better than receiving a well-thought out gift. It shows you truly care.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::


G  I  V  E  A  W  A  Y
For your chance to win a $25 Target Giftcard please do the following:


Mandatory


Leave a comment below telling me which Target Registry item is your favorite  AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!!




:::::::::::::::::::::::::


For more wedding gift inspiration please follow #TargetWedding on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. And please check out the Target Wedding Registry for more gift ideas.




Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target. All opinions are my own. #Sponsor
This blog post and giveaway is sponsored by Target. All of the above statements are my genuine and sincere opinions and thoughts. 

Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target. All opinions are my own.

6 comments

  1. Shared via twitter (https://twitter.com/dearestlou/status/482314825859493888) dearestlou@gmail.com (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally.. thinking outside of the box is def where its at!! I shared on twitter: https://twitter.com/mmstarla/status/483357185624522752

    ps-loving your blog! xx
    starla.bates@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared it in my most recent outfit post (should maximize the views that way!) xxxx

    http://www.loverlysheblog.com/2014/06/sort-of-edwardian.html

    katie.overbeek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared on pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/216735800792477228/

    Thank you!

    POKERGRL8 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared on facebook as Thomas Murphy
    https://www.facebook.com/tom.murphy.946179/posts/700846683319704

    rounder9834 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shared on my Pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/297730225339183390/

    jdmay210@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette