San Diego: Haunted Hotel!


I know. I know. You're probably tired of me talking about all my trips to San Diego, but it's seriously my favorite place forever. Let me tell you about the last time I was there. It was relaxing. It was lovely. It was HAUNTED! Ok, I exaggerate. Let me explain... The last last time Lovey and I went to San Diego we strolled through Old Town and saw that the Cosmpolitan Hotel was having a room special for $99 a night (Usually that hotel runs for about $300 per night). It's probably that expensive because not only is it centered right in the smack dab center of Old Town, it's also a historic landmark and supposedly haunted. That's not why I booked the room. Trust me! I'm not a thrill-seeker and only found out about the haunted business after I paid for our non-refundable reservation. Just my luck!

Needless to say I was a bit nervous about the whole thing because we were informed that each room had a "Hauntings" journal filled with previous guests' experiences. We were encouraged to read through and include our own adventures in the leather bound pages. Most people wrote that uneventful things happened. Many wrote about making babies every where (ew!) and even one jerk wrote about how he was having an extramarital affair and how happy he was about it. Now, while I'm not a big believer in ghosts, I do believe in a spiritual dimension. So I'll share my experience and you can judge for yourself.

We went to bed pretty late after seeing the sights (like 12AM) and Lovey fell asleep and stayed asleep through the night. I did too, for the most part. I woke up to go to the bathroom 2 hours later and at about 2:43AM the lights in the corridor went out (They dimmed at midnight exactly). Usually, I wouldn't think much about that because I figure the lights should go out at night eventually. However, I thought it was odd that they went out at a weird time. 2:43AM. (This is why I remember the time.) So uneven. So awkward. So......thought provoking. Of course I couldn't sleep after this because I kept hearing noises in the next room...and probably imagined half of them. Sometime around 4 I finally dozed off and right before dawn I had a very vivid dream that I was being dragged off the bed by a man and a woman dressed in 1800s attire. As they were pulling me by my legs, I thought about how Jesus would not allow this and kicked really hard and said, "NO!!!" to the couple outloud. I kicked myself awake basically. As I half opened my eyes (probably still dreaming) I saw the pair recede into the wall and disappear. Thank you Jesus!

Honestly, I think all of this has a logical and scientific explanation, but it made our trip to the Cosmopolitan Hotel more legit, wouldn't you agree? Obviously, I'm never going back there, but not because of the possible ghostly encounter. One of the workers there was rude and put a damper on our stay. And yeah, we complained, but not because we wanted a discount or a refund...But just because everyone should be treated with respect, especially hotel guests (the Cosmo doubles as a restaurant and saloon as well) And plus, it's not worth it to spend the night there when I can pay half price for a decent hotel two blocks away.

Are you tired of my San Diego trips yet? YES | NO


1 comment

  1. This reminds me of the last season of How I met your mother, even though it was the worst lol

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette