A Case of The Blues

Photo taken by RCY

Not sure if it's the dreary mornings or maybe something I'm eating, but I've had a case of the blues lately. Or maybe it's a case of the ho-hums. I'm not sure. Somewhere in between. It's not an all day thing either. It just comes and goes. Mostly after work and at night. PMS? Maybe. Hunger? Who knows. All I know is that I want it to stop cause I'm mean to Lovey when I'm feeling down. Yesterday, he was trying to comfort me when I told him I wasn't feeling myself and I pushed him away, which in turn made him upset. Poor guy. 

Usually when I feel like this I eat some ice cream or cookies, but I've been trying to eat healthier, so yesterday I reached for an apple and some peanut butter... And that made me even more depressed cause really my heart and soul yearned for cookies. Let me tell you something.. Apples and peanut butter are NOT very comforting. They made me feel better afterward, but I didn't feel happy during consumption. I mostly just wanted to cry. (Have you ever cried while eating a healthy snack?)


Please tell me how you cope with the blues. Do you eat? Do you read? Sleep? Let me know.


5 comments

  1. I know the feeling. Sometimes, for no reason at all, you just feel 'meh'. And it's so hard sometimes to motivate yourself out of it! I too am tempted to reach for something sinfully tasty but lately, I've been trying to do something active, whether it's cleaning to bathroom or going out for a walk. If I preoccupy myself with something physical, I forget about feeling down ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, last week Joey had a growth spurt and was essentially miserable for 3 days, and I was so upset by the end of the 3rd day I completely lost it and bawled for like, an hour. Hubby and I got a bottle of wine, some ice cream and watched a truly terrible film together and laughed at the absurdity of it. I felt a whole lot better after that :) Go get some ice cream, girl! One bowl of it won't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely know how you feel. Food sometimes is a comfort (and I say, if you're feeling down, why not have a cookie? Just not 4 or 5. :) ) but for me, getting outside and getting some fresh air always helps too. Even if it's just a walk around the block (or better yet, a walk to a cafe for a little pick-me-up), it usually makes me feel a little better. Hope things get a little cheerier for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go away blues! Sounds just like what I go through. Last night a was a little down and I was physically craving icecream. I felt like I couldn't be happy or relax until I had some. It's weird cause this whole week I ate so good with hardly any cravings. I did give in and got shake (and a burger) and it was glorious! Sometimes when I'm craving something sweet, I put honey and cinnamon on fruit. Or you can mix those two into peanut butter. And cinnamon is good for you! Just make sure it's raw honey and peanut butter and not the processed stuff.

    Sometimes when I'm feeling blue, I'll put on some upbeat music, turn it up really loud, and dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy snacks definitely doesn't cut it as comfort food, I recommend cookies and milk or some ice cream in front of a silly romantic movie. Or maybe go for a walk if it's nice weather where you are!

    Hope you feel better soon! xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette