A Tree And A Cupcake

There's this tree by my mom's house that I've frequented since I was a wee lass. I must've been 8 when I first fell in love with it. It's a perfect tree. Tall, confident, versatile... Perfect to play marbles, "treehouse", and on occasion "vanishing-island". These are the games my childhood friends and I played here... We soon outgrew it during our teenage years, but we still visited every once in a while. We'd sit under its familiar shade and talk about the good stuff...important stuff... boys, makeup, and blossoming boobies.  Philosophers is what! Ha!

Flash forward ten years to the time I first became an aunty. I would often take my babies (ie nephews and nieces) for walks to this beloved place and again this tree became a magical place. I was able to share this with my youngest niece and nephew a few weeks ago. (Aww! Quite possibly the last of my babies... ) And they loved it. After playing for an hour (record attention span), we concluded our time with some sweetness... Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.


Yum! Yum!





PS. See my little one in purple?? She's 3 years old. And she plays the piano... Also... Wait for it... She can read. Seriously. It's crazy and kind of creepy in a way. Haha! But I'm so proud of her!

1 comment

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette