Super Bowl Sunday

Super Bowl Sunday was fantastic this year. And by Super Bowl I mean, my kitchen. Not your average playing field...but one of the most important in my home. Since we moved into our place, the stove has always been a source of stress for me. It has some impossible grease stains that I've never been successful at tackling. (Heh.) I've tried everything! Soap. Magic Erasers. You name it. Nothing's ever worked. Until the BVD Heroes came along. BVD= Brillo pad, Vinegar, and Dawn soap. Yup. They obliterated the home team (ie Greasy Goo).

Guys! It was glorious! Basically you fill a spray bottle with equal parts Dawn and Vinegar, spray the yucky surface and scrub with a brillo pad. This concoction (sans brillo) also works wonders in the bathtub...And I had an inkling it would work on the stove. (It worked on our toaster oven door too!) In other words, I'm a happy camper. Don't you guys love the feeling of getting stuff sparkly clean??! Call me crazy, but I do!

Well, I don't want to just leave you with that nasty greasy image above.. So here are some pretty things in my kitchen..

 (I like closeups, can you tell?) 
Hope you had a good Super Bowl Sunday! I did!

7 comments

  1. you and your blog. so cute! and your photos are sooo gorgeous!!

    following now :)

    -Marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of that for cleaning but it sounds good. Also such pretty little things in your kitchen! Love that towel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three out of four of these things... dawn, vinegar and a dirty oven! No brillo, but going to try it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the baby's breath and a the mason jar - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little peak into your world! So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVElove that shot of the flowers! GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the picture of the mason jar!!

    http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette