styleLANE with Sandy of The Pretty Secrets

Sandy of The Pretty Secrets is probably one of the coolest girls on my blogfeed. Her style is one of a kind and it appeals to me in so many ways. Great patterns, playful colors, unique textures... This girl knows how to do it all! Read what she has to say about her own style below....

....................................................................
Describe your style in 3 words.
gypsy wild child



What are your favorite online or offline shops to frequent?
Thrift stores are my number one place to shop. There is nothing quite as satisfying as finding a bizarro item that you know no one will have. On occasion when I do buy new things, I'll go to Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom's Rack, Club Monaco, and my fave rave local store Tattered Rose (the ultimate gypsy haven).

Read any fashion blogs? If so, can you direct us to a few?
Miss Pandora http://www.misspandora.fr Making Magique http://makingmagique.com/ Bright Young Twins http://www.brightyoungtwins.com/ Ordinary People http://www.ordinarypeople.ca/ (Edmonton love!)

Do you have a celeb style crush?
Pretty much any musician from the late 60s and early 70s. I love the Laurel Canyon vibe. My style crush would definitely be the world's most famous groupie Miss Pamela Des Barres. She ruled at thrift store chic in her 1920s nighties and doily creations.


What inspires your style?
I would be lying if I didn't say firstly music and secondly old movies.

How old were you when you finally were aware of “fashion”?
At 7 I told my mom I was going to be a comedian/fashion designer. That may still be in the pipeline nearly two decades later.

What's your go-to outfit?
It really depends on the weather conditions here but right now usually a frothy short black dress, patterned tights, and a short fur coat.


Are there any trends that you just “don’t get” or dislike?
Harem pants really weirded me out for a long time but I don't really let trends dictate my closet. And Uggs would fit into that category. There are a lot of ugg-wearing foot-draggers around town that drive me bonkers.

What’s your favorite season?
Every season is my favourite when I'm in it. Although winter gets pretty old post holiday season - the snow is putting a damper on my clothing choices.

What are 3 items on your wishlist?
Miu Miu glitter sunglasses Alexander Wang Marion bag in leopard Rag & Bone Newbury booties

....................................................................
 
 
Sandy's style is sooo inspiring right? Can't get enough? Then please visit her blog, The Pretty Secrets. 
You're welcome.
 
For previous styleLANE posts, click here.

3 comments

  1. Following from the Blog Hop. Thanks for Co-hosting. Love your blog.
    http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigoooodness! I LOVE all these pictures! So Gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from blog hop and I am now following you! Your blog is adorable. I would love it if you would check out my blog.

    http://colorthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette