styleLANE with Cara-Mia

I've been friends with Cara-Mia, of I Typed For Miles, from the get-go of my blogging days. Not only is she sweet and so classy, she has some amazing style! There's something so effortless and natural about it. Don't you just love that? Read her styleLANE interview below...
....................................................................

Describe your style in 3 words.
Classic, colorful, bright.

What are your favorite online or offline shops to frequent?
I am ridiculously obsessed with J Crew and Kate Spade New York. Other shops I like are Banana Republic, Forever 21, and Nordstoms.

Read any fashion blogs? If so, can you direct us to a few?
Yes! Some of my favorites are: Kendi Everyday, Classy Girls Wear Pearls, Pink Peonies, Atlantic-Pacific, Extra Petite, and Cupcakes & Cashmere.

Do you have a celeb style crush?
Olivia Palermo.

What inspires your style?
Blogs, magazines, old movies, J Crew catalogs.

How old were you when you finally were aware of “fashion”?
I went to a private school from kinder through junior year of high school and so I wore a uniform for 180 days out of the year. I didn't really care about clothes and didn't own very many. Then my senior year I went to a public school and I was suddenly very aware of fashion. I wouldn't say I started buying investment pieces though until I was about twenty-three.



What's your go-to outfit?
A bright top, a neutral skirt, and ballet flats.

Are there any trends that you just “don’t get” or dislike?
I dislike shirts that are too long - I mean, why would you want to make your torso look longer than your legs? I also dislike camo anything.

What’s your favorite season?
It's a tie between spring and fall.

What are 3 items on your wishlist?
Pink & Navy J Crew flats , Kate Spade charm bracelet, & ban.do flash bobbi pins

....................................................................
Doesn't she make you want to stand up straight and chew with your mouth closed?? So lady-like, right? Thanks so much Cara-Mia!
Please follow her blog, here.
For previous styleLANE posts, click here.

8 comments

  1. Hey Janette! Thanks so much for having me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Weekend. Time to visit and follow.
    Visit from Friday blog hop.
    I'm your new follower.
    Would be great if you stop by and link up your blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute, my favourite is outfit no 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. Now following! Love your hair in your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so cute!! and yes outfit #3 is my favorite as well!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute guest post! Love this series, and your darling blog. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for co hosting aloha am now following you

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so adorable! I laughed at the camo and long shirt bit. I couldn't agree more:)

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette