Ok. It's Valentine's Day... Are you happy about that? I'm like...Eh..Whatevs. I like Valentine's Day. I do. But I don't looove it. I guess cause I know so many single girls that get superrrr depressed today because they have no one in their lives... No one bringing them flowers...No one delivering chocolate....E.V.E.R.Y. feeling of lonliness is magnified today for them...And yet...it's kind of all a man-made thing. A hype we've created for ourselves... So at the same time, it's not even a big deal if you're single... It's just another day, right?
Gosh! I sound soo weird right now... but..I'm really not... I just keep thinking about the extreme actions some women I know have taken on days like today.. I know someone who BROKE UP with their significant other because he didn't do V-Day right... WHAT!!!? Who does that!?
Whether you're single, married, whatever...Here's some tips to have a great Valentine's Day:
1. If you didn't get chocolate or flowers, get them yourself. They'll be on sale tomorrow. Have at it!
2. If you know someone who is single..like..cat-lady single...Please be kind to them..And if you are super nice..buy them a heart shaped balloon or cookie.
3. If your significant other disappointed you today, no worries! I'm sure they love you 110% every day. Don't sweat it!
4. Wear pink or red. Somewhere.. Somehow!
5. Call your parents and tell them you love them.
Want to know how I'll be spending Valentine's Day? Well.. It's gonna be the best. Lovey and I are going over to my parents house for a dinner. Spending a few hours with the loves of my life???! NOTHING better!
Happy Love Day, folks!
PS. Check out my guest post on Lily Garay's blog.