This Isn't Going Well.

via
This isn't going how I planned. And by "this", I mean blogging. I blame time constraints. I mean, work has picked up speed one hundred fold since the beginning of the year. It's kind of depressing actually. (Not the working part. I need the moola..) I guess I envisioned Janette Lane as an upgraded, fresher version of Janette the Jongleur. More Janette, less flash....A little more mature... That kind of thing. And somehow (or so it seems) Janette Lane is turning into a fashion blog. I keep talking about my PJ top outfit post, what shoes I bought, and the hairdos I've rocked...or...not rocked...What is going on here?

Don't get me wrong. I love clothes and my styleLANE blog series is the best thing since outerspace. But this place no longer feels like a lifestyle blog. Or is it just me? It kind of feels that way. Doesn't it? I'm blaming this focus on fashion on my newest fave app, Style Book. I play with it whenever I have free time..It's basically a personalized, virtual closet... (I'll share more about it in my next fashion related post.. Which will probably be tomorrow. Meh.)

But expect a shift, friends. Expect more of me.


Thanks for reading!




PS. The HTC One X+ giveaway is ending tonight at 11:59PM PST..So enter right away. And please read the directions for goodness sakes. You will be disqualified for poor reading comprehension. Haha! Seriously. Read the directions.

3 comments

  1. I like seeing your fashion post because they are always awesome, but I understand how it can get tiring. I consider myself a lifestyle blogger, but I struggle with what to post because I don't want to share too much personal info. It's a balance I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, Janette, I sometimes feel like I don't have the time to make my blog what I envision it to be! But I think your fashion posts are fun, and I know you'll find the balance you're looking for soon! I love seeing your random snapshots of life :)

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with changing blog directions. I like your new look and style of photography. All the little peeks into your home. And style lane is fun! Keep it up girl. A mix is good. You don't have to do just one thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette