Style Lane with Katie Overbeek

Friends, today is a good day! I'm starting my first Janette Lane blog series,styleLANE. I'm looking forward to it for many reasons...Mainly because I'm absolutely smitten with the style of the bloggers that will be featured in the upcoming weeks...Secondly, who doesn't love to find new bloggers to connect with? I know I do. First up, the amazing Katie of Loverly She.


....................................................................

Hey! I’m Katie, and I blog over at Loverly She, which is my personal style blog with the odd dash of beauty product reviews, wedding stuff, domestic stuff, and, theoretically, DIY projects (when I can get my act together and start chronicling them).   I’m fortunate to live in a community where I have a bunch of very creative friends and occasionally I like to show off their work as well.  Would love to have you stop by and say hello!
Describe your style in 3 words.
Patterns.  Textures.   Layers. (special emphasis on the layers - I’m Canadian, so I’m bundled up like crazy for half the year!)

What are your favorite online or offline shops to frequent?
I shop on Ebay, Forever 21, H&M.  I also thrift a lot of my clothes.

Read any fashion blogs? If so, can you direct us to a few?
I read a whole bunch of style blogs!  Recent discoveries are Delightfully Tacky, Dearest Lou, and Sincerely Kinsey

Do you have a celeb style crush?
Oh, that’s a good question.  I like Kate Moss’s style, the edginess of it.  I also love a lot of what Rachel Zoe wears.  And the entire cast of Mad Men - but who doesn’t love the 60’s glamour!

What inspires your style?
I’m drawn to anything that mixes up elements of vintage and modern.  It’s more exciting that way.  I guess that’s why I love thrifting - you can find the most amazing vintage pieces and work them into your wardrobe with other modern pieces to create really interesting combinations.

 
How old were you when you finally were aware of “fashion”?
Haha well, when I was about 10 years old I had this pair of white cowboy boots (with spurs, no less!).  I was given them in a bag of cast-offs from another family. My mom hated them, they were so tacky - but the heels clicked!  They clicked, people!! Oh my.  What a revelation, clicky heels.  I think it was around then that I really began to be aware of what I did and didn’t like to wear.  However - ahem - it took a few years before I actually started making some reasonably good fashion decisions. High school was a bit of a mess of bad experimentation. Ah well.

What's your go-to outfit?
Depends on the season!  At the moment I’m in winter-comfort mode, so it’s leggings, big sweaters, and funky jewelry. And scarves.  Always scarves.
Are there any trends that you just “don’t get” or dislike?
Jeggings!  I’m sorry.  I’ve just seen them done badly too many times.  Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.  

What’s your favorite season?
Summer summer summer!  Bring on the heat.

What are 3 items on your wishlist?
Oooh. Well. I’d love a really nice leather jacket - like, a really expensive one.  
And a nice big shoulder tote. And a pair of leather ankle boots.

....................................................................
Amazing? Or what? I c.a.n.n.o.t. get over that first outfit. Everything about it! Wow! Thanks so much Katie for participating!

Want to connect with Katie? Here you go:


5 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I'm going to go check out her blog :) Thanks for doing this series, Janette! Have a great weekend :)

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has great style. Awesome series. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. real ace idea Janette! love the 1st issue and Katie is such a sweetheart. it's great how she supports other creatives and her style is really so cool/eclectic!! plus, okay she's a fellow Canadian gal so my rousing applause is even stronger.

    i'm hooked on this series already and thanks for inviting me to participate. i'm winding and whittling down a few things this month but hope to be able to come on board soon :) happy weekend lades, hope you & lovey get some chillaxin' time in. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this series Janette! This girl has some major fashion talent! My fav is the last outfit. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second to last that is. Lovin' the pink dress and blue jacket combo!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette