Life with Lovey: Tea Party

There are times in life when you have to take extreme measures to fulfill a vision or fancy. In our case, we cut our San Diego trip by one hour to make it home in time to buy some goodies from our local British grocer. Yes. We did. We gave up perfect weather and gorgeous panoramic views just to buy some overpriced (but overly delicious) Devonshire Cream for our tea party. And you know what? It was worth it. Cause nothing's better than a Just Because Tea Party at the Lovey Family Manor.





Lovey and I have tea parties on a regular basis. Sometimes we go all out (check out Lovey's costume), sometimes we don't. On Sunday, we went beyond all out and invited my sister (who is always super generous and kind to us) for some afternoon tea. I made 3 kinds of tea sandwiches (buttered cucumber, smoked salmon, and egg salad), Swedish Tea Balls (AKA Snowballs or Mexican Wedding Cookies), and my own Devonshire cream (which I thought was better than the store bought).



I also made some foo-foo head pieces for us ladies. I liked my sister's better, but that girl DOES NOT believe in taking pictures...Haha! So you'll just have to imagine it... Everything was delightful and delicious... We shall do it again, Lordwilling!

4 comments

  1. omygod. this is the cutest thing i've seen all day. i've gotta do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't even imagine how much I love this! Like....woah! When we meet, cause we have to, we are sooooo having a tea party!! Hats and pinkies up....the whole bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that table's setting is absolutely perfect! these pictures have such a marvelous vibe

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette