Janette, the Weekend Recapper.

-Worked for a few hours then went on a mad dash to the store to pick up some birthday balloons for my baby niece.

-We hosted said nieces' birthday party BBQ style (YUM!). It went okay. There were some awkward(and terribly rude moments) when some guests brought 2 (YES TWO!) extra birthday cakes even though we had mentioned it was taken care of. (Ugh. I'm still upset about that. Lame.)

-Got some awkward hugs and "I love yous" from some people at the party that I hardly see or talk to (not immediate family). I don't even know why. I know they don't love me. They probably couldn't even tell you my middle name (Not that I have one). Haha! I just simply don't like fakeness like that. I can't deal.


-Some fam was in town for the birthday BBQ, so we spent some time with them.It was nice.

-Lovey and I took a delicious afternoon nap..And by delicious, I mean, he slept, not me. I just laid next to him and I was happy with that.

-Lovey and I went to an amazing Italian restaurant for dinner! 2 entrees, bread, salad, ice cream, and free wine (And by wine, I mean, ewww! I don't like wine. I gave mine to Lovey.)  for $30. That's a steal!

-Made a yummy brekky...and by yummy, I mean hash browns, eggs, and turkey bacon. (Ok I'll stop with that now. I promise.)

-We camped out on our couch pretty much all day...Well.. that is  until Lovey's pals showed up. Then I withdrew to my room cause I didn't want to talk about how to brew beer for three hours.

-I ate a ton of watermelon. Yum!

-After dinner, Lovey and I watched this old Sinbad thing on Netflix. I love Sinbad. He's got clean humor. He's not even that funny.. But I like that he's clean.


Well.. That's it folks. What was your weekend highlight? Lowlight? I'm sure from the aforementioned you can guess mine...  

TWO cakes? Really????!

5 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. And relaxing (after friday)! And I know what you mean about the family thing in the "friday" part. I'm not close with my family, especially aunts/uncles/etc. If for some reason I do see them at a party or something, they don't even reconize that I'm there. I don't even know if I want to invite them to Brian and my wedding, but if I don't 98% of the guests will be for Brian. And it's small as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday: I worked out, baby! Then I went to work for a couple of hours. Literally, just a couple! Then I watched the rest of Parks and Rec on Netflix with the husby. I need season 4!
    Saturday: Worked. Looked into getting new phones. Went to T-Mobile to see the phones irl (haha). Made nachos! Watched Brave!
    Sunday: Went to church. Chilled. Blogged :) Watched some Korean drama.

    I like listing weekend stuff, it makes me seem less lame. Like I did stuff with my time this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I worked all weekend so that sucked. I'll just pretend like I did fun things like you ;) And 2 cakes? Not cool. At all.

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate fakeness and i had a bit of it this weekend--boo! but i acted like a grown up {hopefully} and did the mature thing even though i wanted to scream and shout.

    and two cakes? what is wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
  5. let them eat cake. in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette