Janette the Whirlwind Sightseer


WOW! Holy star spangled banner guys! I don't even know what to say about yesterday.  It was wild! I'm not even sure why I was lamenting the midweek holiday in the first place. I guess I was fearing that one day off was simply not enough to do anything significant. But duuude! I was ever wrong! Here's how my 4th of July went down..









-Got ready and left house by 7AM.
- Took PCH starting at Santa Monica
- Stopped @ the Malibu Sport Fishing Pier and walked around a bit (pictured)
-Drove some more on PCH
-Stopped @ another beach whose name eludes me at the moment.(pictured)
-Waded in the water @ anonymous beach
- Froze mah toes(pictured)
-Back on PCH
-Drove through some mountain passes and thick fog
-Stopped at Lake Cachuma for pictures and a 5 minute hike.(pictured)
-Met a nice Italian couple who "make a picture for us" (CUTE!)
-Drove through some vineyards.
-Arrived @ Solvang (pictured)
-Saw a 4th of July parade
- Ate some Danish pastries (Wow!)
- Shopped.
-More like.. Watched Lovey shop.
- Ate abelskivers (pictured)
-Walked some more through Solvang (pictured)
- Went to a historic mission
- Bought some amazing cheese and crackers
-Shopped some more
- Got a little sick after abelskivers
- Drove homeward.
- Met P&V for Shabu Shabu
- Watched local firework show from street corner. (pictured)
- Got home.
- Praised God for an amazing day and getting home safe!
-Amen!

Whirlwind right?!??? Happy 4th of July to me! What'd you guys do?

4 comments

  1. Sounds like such a fun day! You really did a lot! Love the first picture! :)

    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my darling it looks like you had a wonderful time. I have no idea what half that stuff is cause I am not that cool. But I just wanted to drop a line and say I miss you.


    Melissa

    - writeitinlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You had a awesome holiday! I can not believe you did that all in one day! You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am French so I didn't get to celebrate a lot lol but just for fun (as you may have seen on my blog) I painted my nails like the American flag (+ or -), drank a Coca Cola and watched Pretty Little Liars. It was a good evening anyway. But your day must have been both AMAZING & EXHAUSTING !

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette