Iced Tea , Tears, and Selena

I've been having an overly emotional week thus far. It's most certainly PMS related cause I just want to cry at everything. And not just a little mousy cry either, but full on weeping ensues at the thought of anything remotely sad...What is going on?!!! I'm not usually like that :-/ So when I got home from work I was relieved to find an empty house (I was trying to fight back tears at work all day on Monday). Seriously. It's been bad. I just wanted a few hours to be alone, have a refreshing drink, and read, read, read. My book choice (To Selena, with Love by Chris Perez) was not the wisest for my fragile state...I was crying by the first page...ok...ok....like the third sentence... No joke....

No pictures of me in this post. No way! No how! My mascara and eyeliner were a mess, as you can imagine... So you just get a little peeksy at my tootsies instead...(Oh! And I hate hardback book covers. I just toss them ASAP)
 Oh yeah! And here's the yummy drink I had that did make me feel slightly better.... Strawberry Mint Iced Green Tea! Woo howdy! This was good! Here's the recipe!
Now as far as the Selena book goes, (you know I hate doing book/movie reports/reviews) all I can say is that it was pretty good. It was an easy read although sometimes it felt a little all over the place. Nevertheless it was interesting peeking into the private life of Selena and her husband, Chris...Especially the days right before her death. Yup. It was a tear-jerker alright. But I recommend it.
Anywho. Let me know if you read it or want to read it. It's one of those books I'm probably going to lend away cause I don't really want to read it again...Too sad... Maybe I'll do a giveaway?

19 comments

  1. Can't wait to taste this tea!!! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that tea looks amazing, can't wait to try it!
    I have been feeling the same way, thus my post today.
    Hope you feel better, hun!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no I hope you feel better soon! The ice tea looks amazing though! :)

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe pregnant??? hahaha. Jk. I get that, I have kind of been really emotional this month too. I went of of my birth control to try and regulate my cycles. Not to get pregnant. haha. I hope you get feeling better that sucks:( And that drink looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably not the best choice of book indeed, sounds like PS I love you, I cried like a hysteric girl in front of that movie !
    I hope you'll get better very soon, laughing is so much better than crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sorry about your over-emotions. but sometimes, good, long cries are just what we need. and SELENA!!! i used to love that movie. maybe i should pick up this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing pretty pictures like this from you. It's a sweet peek into your life.
    I think that is so neat that he wrote a book about their life together, but I don't think I could read it either. I'm sure I would be in tears. I cry at the movie every time and even sometimes when I hear her songs somewhere. SO SAD!
    Hope you are less sad soon. I had a day like that yesterday and it was awful. Sending hugs!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to try this recipes it looks delicious! I'm sorry its been an emotional week! We all have them though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some pretty pictures! Yeah, sometimes I get weepy for no reason, too, and cry about the smallest things when I'm alone in the apartment haha. Imma check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m sorry things have been sensitive and emotional, but the beverage looks AMAZING!

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw i have those kind of weeks too lol but that iced tea looks like an awesome pick-me-up! Thanks for sharing the recipe, i'll have to try this.

    Charming Ambitions
    - Charisse

    ReplyDelete
  12. that drink looks delish beyond words.

    happy thursday friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well if it isn't a thirst thursday now! That drink looks UNREAL. I'm salivating as I type this.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  14. AS in THEE Selena? No probs not the best choice, oh poor honey!!! Hang in there, this too shall pass....and yummy to your drink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear you've been having an emotional rollercoaster of a week :(

    You have a gorgeous blog :) and this drink looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    x

    amplecurvature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Janette! Looks like that drink came straight out of a cooking magazine! I'm sorry you have been so sad lately that is unfortunate! I'm sure you will be all better by tomorrow!!

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That drink looks amazing! It's so pretty. Ha! I'm going to have to try to make it myself. The looks alone are impressive but it sounds like it tastes really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm desperate to read this book of Chriz Perez but I can't buy it yet in my country. I will have to wait and I don't know how long it will be.

    The drink looks so yummie :)

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette