Here I am!

As of late, I've felt incredibly absent from blogging (and when I say "blogging" I'm referring to both posting and commenting on other blogs). My posts seem forced and not very creative. It's not so much that I'm in a blogging rut... I don't think I am. It's just that work and family life has been cuh-razy since the New Year... And lately I'm stretched thin with family, work, and churchy duties. I know you all understand, but I sincerely want to apologize for not giving my 110% around here...and also for not visiting as much as I used to. I'm hoping that will all change in a month or so. I really need a day off...or several...

Thank you for understanding...

Anywho.. So I finally figured out how to do this whole taking pictures of myself. I do not own a tripod or remote, so in the past I've relied on the self timer and an obliging bookshelf. I pretty much hated this arrangement, but today I finally realized I have HD video capabilities on my camera. Oy! What. A. Nerd! So I filmed about 2 minutes of myself and then captured some "still images" from the video.. I still had to prop up my camera on a short bookshelf (hence the crouching), but it worked better than I thought...Why didn't I think of this before????? Anyway, there is one part in the video where I'm walking away from the camera and my skirt falls off completely...down to my ankles! Bahahha! (Can you tell it's falling apart???) I'd show you a still of that cause it's just plain funny, but I don't want to share my secrets all over the internet...

Do you like my hat? My sister bought it for Lovey, but it didn't fit him and it couldn't be returned...

Happy Tuesday Prettypies!

9 comments

  1. I have even the same way. :( well, I feel I have plenty to post about, but I have no time to read or comment on anyone's blog except those who I've followed for a long time. It's sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking stills from video is a great idea! I would never have thought of doing that. So funny about your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are absolutely adorable! I do love the hat on you. So cute!

    Xoxo,
    Jamie
    http://ilookgoodtoday.com
    Twitter: ilookgoodtoday1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand, I've been so absent too! Life has just been so time consuming. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt and tight combo.

    and that is sucha c lever idea, I wish I had thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been WONDERING if there were any other ways to do self-potraits! This is such a clever idea!

    You look adorable in that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are such a cutie! Love these colors together and you look spiffy in your hate!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE look, especially the tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...I never thought of using that technique to take pictures...but it worked out really well!!! And I'll be remembering it!!

    I had to step back from blogging for awhile, so I haven't really been around myself much lately, either. It's good to catch up on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette