The LEAP YEAR Letter


Now I should explain some things... At the time this was written, Lovey and I had discussed getting married, but we were not yet engaged. We were hoping for a miracle and a November wedding that year (We ended up marrying in July). There was so much uncertainty in the air about his job, my job, and life in general. WOW! In retrospect, really not much has changed. My parents are alive and in fairly good health(BARUCH HASHEM!). I still don't see Lovey certain days because he has school...We do not go to the mens and womens Bible study group we used to go to (We've moved on to other studies). And we are currently in a ministry that reaches out to lower income families. Lovey does teach a Bible study (Yay!!) and Goli (my pup) is still as crazy as ever. Yes, certain people aren't healed yet, but for the most part the Lord has answered my prayers...And for those He has not answered (re: kids), we wait.

Well...time to write my Leap Year letter for 2016! WOOOOOOWWWWW!





PS. I have a million typos in that sorry...
PPS. Some of you were wondering how Lovey reacted to this letter when I read it to him. He loved it. He pinched my cheek, gave me a kiss,  and asked, " Why are you so cute?!!"

10 comments

  1. I love this idea! I love writing letters to my future self. I might steal this idea. But 2016?! Gosh that seems scary far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janette, I have to say that this letter was a blessing for me today. Particularly when you said "what happens to me is God's business." I really appreciate that. That is a concept that I have to keep in the forefront of my mind. Thank you for sharing this & may God bless you & your husband as you continue to walk with Him.

    -Caleisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet idea. I bet it was a lot of fun for the both of you to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. Thank you for sharing. I think I'm going to copy you and write one to my husband for next leap year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Lovey is so blessed to have you!! I think I might "steal" your idea as well and write a leap year letter for my husband...2016!!! EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I recently started a 5 year journal where you answer a question every day (same question each year)... and I think it will be fun to look back and see what I was thinking about last year on the day. (:

    I'm excited to read about your next leap year letter in 4 years! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm totally stealing this idea! I can't wait to write a letter after school today :) This is just too cute. Your faith inspires me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet idea! So cool that you did this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember us chatting about this before. How fun to get a peek! Will your hubs write one for you to open next leap year too! That would be so fun to exchange them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette