Crepes & Chat

Last night I went out with my sweet friend, Gracie, to Rockin' Crepes in Huntington Beach (my first time going to an actual creperie!). Turns out this place is a bar-style-type-cafe (Is that hard to imagine?) that serves crepes with names of big-hair 80s metal bands... Does that seem weird to anyone else??? Crepes seem so foo foo and bars with heavy metal playing in the background are the opposite. Nobody says, "Hey bro!!! Lets go to the local bar and get some crepes and beer..." (Am I right???)

Anywho! Gracie and I had a grand ol' time talking about our favorite topics: the Lord, His Word, godly relationships, true love, faith, life... We also engaged in an interesting conversation with a lone, elderly man sharply dressed and with a strong personality. We spoke of the true meaning of hard work, war veterans, and taking pride in our respective heritages. Are bars/cafes/creperies usually places where you get into meaty conversations about the deep things of life? I was kind of surprised.

The crepe we shared was uhhhmazing! (Iron Maiden: nutella, bananas, and strawberries!!) I also had a "Styx" panini. It was delish until they told me they ran out of my side dish of macaroni salad and gave me 3 grapes and a sliver of an orange instead. (Kind of insulting, no? Haha!) Ok, ok. I wasn't that sad about the lack of mac... And overall it was an enjoyable experience... But I doubt I'd go back to Rockin' Crepes. It's suuuuper far from my house, but if I was closer, then I definitely would frequent the place for a chance to have some tasty crepes & some more deep conversations...

10 comments

  1. that looks so amazingly yummy! also i really love your leap letter. what a great idea! i think i will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat. I've never heard of it and I love HB. Sounds like a cool place to hang out with friends.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place sounds pretty cool to me. I like unique restaurants and I love crepes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes to crepes! had my fair share of nutella/banana crepes this past weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG i need that in my life!!! I need to make some gluten free crepes.. I wonder if it would work?? HMMM. I miss you lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog! and great photos, those crepes look yummyy

    www.thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all looks amazing! My mouth might be watering now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. let me know next time you come to Southern OC! I live right next to hun beach

    ReplyDelete
  9. This food all looks so amazing and delicious!!! I WANT SOME RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a healthy obsession with bows.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette