Sense & Sensibility: Netflix Instant Watch

It's been a while since I've done a Netflix Instant Watch recommendation...And I'm not really sure why I haven't mentioned this fantastic movie before! SENSE & SENSIBILITY! Have you seen it?!!! If not, you MUST! Now maybe at 13 you were brighter than me, but it took me foreverrr to figure out that Eleanor was "Sense", Marianne was "Sensibility", and that the whole story is an interplay of the required balance of both personalities. So now when I watch, it makes much more sense! No pun intended :-)

Yup! Yup! It's my favorite movie of all time.. Well.. It's a tie with Fiddler on the Roof, actually. So it's up there... Anywho! You know that I don't like summarizing or reviewing movies, so I'm just going to jump right in and show you some scenes that catch my attention without giving away too much of the story... Hopefully they'll convince you to watch again...or for the first time....

Sigh central! Such a lovely film!! Here's the trailer if I didn't convince you yet:



If you've watched Sense & Sensibility, please let me know your favorite part!


Happy Tuesday!

14 comments

  1. I actually haven't seen it but if it has Kate Winslet in it, there's a good chance it's great and a great chance I'll love it. Kapeesh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this movie! My favorite part has to be when Kate Winslet hurts her ankle in the rain and he carries her home. I need to watch this again... it's been too long I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha, I love your screenshot captions! :)

    This is my favorite Jane Austen novel, buuuut I'm not a huge fan of this movie adaptation. I *LOVE* the 2008 BBC film of S&S, though! It's a million times better than this version, in my opinion. You should watch it! :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. But my favorite part in this version of S&S would have to be when Mr. Willoughby is on a picnic with the Dashwoods, and he's mocking/imitating Mrs. Jennings, saying, "Come come, Mr. Impudence! I know you and your wicked ways!" (Or something on those lines, haha.) And he makes really funny facial expressions and ahahaha, me and my sister laugh at it every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND THIS IS WHY WE ARE SOUL SISTER!!
    I own it and watch it all the time.
    I cry every time when Elinor does. Every.Single.Time!
    Love that movie and I really enjoyed the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this film. The story happens to be my favorite Jane Austen novel. And it's the ONLY Jane Austen film I can get Chad to watch. Ha.

    Ps. Alan Rickman is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched Sense and Sensibility yet. I've been wanting to for a very long time but I always forget about it when I get free time to watch a movie. I'll have to write it down to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the setting of this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've convinced me.
    Oh, and I forgot to reply to the comment you made about the shoes from Target. Well, I've got tiny feet. I'm a size 5 and the smallest they had was 5 1/2, so I went for it any way. They're a bit wide for me, but pretty comfy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the movie recommendation I wish we had netflix :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I think one thing that makes it so great is that you can mature with the movie. Someone younger who might not get all the nuance can enjoy it, and then as they watch it more and mature more of it starts to "click."

    I don't want to say my favorite part because it'll give the end away :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this movie! Have you watched the newest one? I think its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the part when the little sister (it has been awhile and her name escapes me) is hiding under the table and they trick her into coming out by looking at the atlas and pretending to get everything wrong about geography until the little one just can't take it anymore and has to correct them (Woo! Can we say "run on sentence"?). Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette