Ricky Martin & the 24 Hour Bug


Hello friends! Hope you all had a nice weekend… Mine was all right...Been under the weather, and it’s kind of a bummer. In fact. It's a little strange.... Here's my weird episode from yesterday… Tell me if you think this is peculiar:

So.. It’s Monday.. I’m eating lunch and thinking about how my photo shoot went on Sunday (not that great…urgghh...more on that later)… After a few bites of my soup and salad I start seeing colorful and pulsing zigzag lines out of the corner of my right eye. Guh-rate! Also I couldn’t really see the right side of words... I was looking at this flyer with the word “Lunch” on it... but all I could really see was “lun” The rest was sort of blurry. I carried on, cause other than that weirdness, I felt fine. I said a prayer and it went away a few minutes later... 

Ok.. So at this point, lunch is over. I get back to the office and plop down in my chair and then begins a massive and merciless headache. I rarely get headaches and have major sympathy for those people who suffer from migraines (soo sorry guys). Anywho.. The headache wouldn’t go away…Even my trusty pressure point trick failed me. Boo! A few minutes into the headache I started getting intense hot flashes, followed by a spell of chills and cold flashes. All I’m thinking at this point is “what the hey????!”. So I told the ol’ boss that I was heading home early cause I was starting to feel a bit queasy too. (Insert more prayer here...Mostly consisting of humble requests that I would not pukie in my car on the way home) <<<Dreaded fear of mine. 

Phew! 

I made it home safe, got in my jammies and then proceeded to indecisively pace in that space between my bedroom and the bathroom for a few minutes...More like seconds...cause after a little bit of that I was soon hugging Mr. Bowl. Yuck. I hate throwing up more than anything in the world. It’s thee worst…After this grossness, I grabbed a blanky, headed to my couch and took a  nap. Peaceful rest?? Umm.. Not really! I had a scary dream  I was Ricky Martin's girlfriend (!!!!) and that we were at Disneyland in line for Splash Mountain (pinnacle of weirdness!)... Oh boy! (Do you get weird dreams when you're sick? BIZARRE!)Glad that's over... 
Anywho!
My tummy is still unsettled and I’ve been chugging kefir and nibbling on saltines (life savers)... Still waiting to feel completely normal... But soo thankful I feel much better than yesterday! Praise the Lord!

So…how are you guys? Haha!

 

13 comments

  1. Oh man thats the worst!! I'm sorry love:( My husband has woken up barfing twice this week! YUCK. & I have this really irrational fear of throwing up.. Like I am terrrrrrified of it. So i'm like crying in a corner while he's puking. HAHA. Poor guy. Hope you feel 100% asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah that's totally weird! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. At first, the symptoms you were describing sound like what happens to me when I get migraines (blurred or spotted vision, nausea, etc) but the hot/cold flashes sound fever related. Hope you're back to 100% soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds awful!! I got the stomach flu for the first time in YEARS a few weeks ago and it was horrible. I hope you feel better soon! just sleep a lot :) that always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow I hope you feel well soon! I love your blog it's really great :)

    Angela
    http://livciv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a dream! haha i have weird dreams normally, but when i had my tonsils out this summer i think the pain killers i was on gave me especially vivid and crazy dreams.

    glad you're feeling somewhat better! and that you didn't puke in your car! at least it would have been you and not someone else. cleaning up OTHER people's puke would be the worst! i hope you're back to 100% normal tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, that's the worst!! hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor thing, that does not sound fun. I hope you feel better. Mr. Brilliant gave me his cold on Friday, even though I tried my best not to get it. I had to take the day off from work on Monday. Yesterday I took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and had the weirdest dream. Of course I can't remember it now :) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay....you are going to think I'm really crazy. Wanna know who my number 1 crush was in high school? The one and only. Ricky Martin. Wowza. I have Ricky Martin candles and cd's and a calendar....oh the fun of a girlhood crush. In fact, I still have a little bit of a crush on him. Okay, a major crush on him. Even though he prefers men. What's that to me?

    SO I would totally love to have that dream. Ricky and Disney? TWO of my favorites. :) :)

    I am so sad you have such a sickness right now friend! SICK is no fun at all. Thank goodness for rest and saltines. Feel better soon!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went through the same 24 hour thing, so sorry to hear, hope you feel better!
    And, dreaming of being Ricky's girlfriend....haha...love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate those crazy dreams you get when you're sick, they're so weird! I can't remember the last one I had but I'm sure it was just as weird as being Ricky Martin's girlfriend :)

    Glad you are feeling a teensy bit better, hope you get all the way better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had this sickness once! I don't know what it is, and it only happened once... but I know. I was in high school and I got the eye thing, and then the headache and then started throwing up. I think it was a really bad migraine which is weird because I never get them. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food poisioning combined with a bad headache? I dunno. Sounds like a bad bug! Glad you are better!
    And that dream is crazy! I dreamed I was Ian Somerhalder's girlfriend a while back. I was sad when I woke up. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you will be back on your feet & feeling 100% soon. What a crazy illness induced dream, Ricki Martin in Disneyland. I had one of those a few days ago, my boss was in it & we were with the NY Rangers (hockey team) & the weirdest part was that we rode around in a penny-farthing bicycles.

    Cinderella's Closet NYC

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette