Thanksgiving Weekend

Have I mentioned that Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday ever?? Well... It is.. And it's worth mentioning again...and again...Anywho.... This year's was memorable to the maxxxx! It was the first Thanksgiving that was not spent with my family. And I confess I was a little sad...a little down-trodden...No Mommy asking me to tell her what I thought about her turkey this year..."Too dry mija?" "No ma! It's better than last year!" "That's what you said last year mija.." "But it's the truth ma!" Nope, this year, was different indeed. I spent most of the weekend with Lovey's family..and caught a glimpse of mine on Friday.. Don't get me wrong.. It was a blast hanging out with Lovey's fam...but  part of me was still a little homesick and sad that I didn't get to help my mom slather the bird in butter and sour cream... Boo! Anywho.. Enough with the sappiness.. Instead, I'll tell you what I did do this weekend that brought me elation beyond imagination...Hey. That rhymed.



Highlight of this year's Thanksgiving was my creamed corn (it will change yo' life!) and getting my makeup done by my sister-in-law. (not pictured)


Yeah. I was blessed...

So what was your highlight this Thanksgiving?


10 comments

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend. I know what you mean about missing family though. I haven't had a thanksgiving at home in 11 years. You get used to it after a while but every now and then I'll get a little nostalgic for my mom's broccoli and rice caserole or her candied yams. No matter how hard I try, they're never as good when I make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family too and honestly, I cried that morning. I spent the day with my roomie's family and it was good, just not the same. I'm a sucker for butterflies so I love that picture! Glad you had a good holiday though :)

    P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! (:
    I didn't ate turkey this year... ):

    Hopefully the next one!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh walking through cotton fields! one of my favorites. this post was just brimming with beauty. your weekend sounds awesome. is the creamed corn recipe a secret? if not, i'd love to see it:)

    p.s. your comments on my blog absolutely 100% made my day. you are such a gem, and thank you for your encouragement. your friendship in this bloggy world is one i cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had the best Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate without regrets too...but the regret came the next day :)
    The highlight of my Thanksgiving was visiting my mom and sister in their new house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My highlight of Thanksgiving was probably the green bean casserole or spending the whole day with my hubby who has been working 24/7 almost literally. I love all of your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you weren't with your family much sweet friend! I didn't get to see my Dad's side of the family or my husband's family and that was kind of sad for me. It's so hard to see everyone all on the same holiday!
    Looks like you had a pretty good time though! I always love seeing glimpses into your life. Thanks for always sharing with us!
    I really need to sift through my memory card and get some photos up ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw it looks lovely! Sorry I've been abit slack at the comments lately, your blog is looking fab as always! Hope you are well, much love! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, how cute is that baby?!?! Can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette