Color for Cool.

It's still pretty hot where I live...Most days boast a tiresome yet perfect 80 degrees... Yup. That's So Cal for ya. Summer tends to linger a little longer round these parts... Yet I'm not fooled. When the sun goes down, there's an almost imperceptible coolness  that creeps in...At first it was shy...Now, it's a little bolder... and a little colder...It's not the usual evening onshore flow coming from the coast... Nope. This breeze has that signature, nose tingling, Fall fragrance. It's a mix of stale air, and dry leaves with a bite at the very end. Or at least I'd like to think so.   I love fall..It's so polite. It's never obtrusive and always gentle when it comes to preparing us for the winter to come. Isn't it sooo nice? 

Anywho. This Friday  I gathered up a few pretties to share... I figured that when cooler temps finally do come I don't have to clothe myself in drabby grays or hushed hues... Nope. I can celebrate the cooling temps with pretty patterns and elaborate color swirls. Seems to be the trend nowadays... And I'm all about it! What about you?


Color for Cooler Temps





Feliz Friday prettypies!







PS. See the pretty clutch up above? A few months ago I spotted some 2nd hand shoes with that kind of pattern and I passed on them. Boo!

13 comments

  1. These are so lovely. That coat kinda reminds me of the Missoni stuff at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah that skirt is just darling. all of it is, really. thanks for sharing! have a beautiful, blessed weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that backpack! and i'll trade your 80 degrees for my 56 if you want!! brrrr haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my absolute favorite!!! Oh I bet those shoes were cute! This is so like the new stuff at Targe' and apparently it's very popular. I'm not big into swirlage but I have seen a poncho or two that I was surprised to fall in love with. Trends hit me slower than most and by the time I'm into them, they're over and then I'm all "Nooooooo!" - you have to say that like Darth Vader for it to be powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you and yo ur warm weather!! It is getting so cold here>.< I can't believe less than two wees ago my air was on full blast and now I have the heat and a heated blanket! Holey moley. I love fall though, but in utah summer is so short like 1.65 months and fall is like .35 months... and wither is like 7 months and spring is like 3. It is horrid. I need to get out of here! Do you like how I broke down Utah's seasons for you? Oh and those clothing peices are pretty cool, can't believe you passed up on those shoes! BOO. Happy Weekend pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just hate when I pass up on something and regret the decision! I've been trying out pops of color in my mostly black attire. It's a rough life having to wear all black at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I thought I left a comment here already... maybe I am crazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's still that hot in your area? how awesome!!! our last week has been super rainy poo but at least the heavy duvet cover could be pulled out and nooked under ; )

    these fab assortments are perfectly autumnal and i adore that poncho!! too bad about the shoe passover but i'm sure your swift ways will locate something similar to deck your digits out in! xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed the chilly evenings too and I love it! I'm so over the heat! Although now I have to remember to bring a jacket or sweater if I go out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is that skirt from? It is too cute!!!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! It is still too hot here too, but we FINALLY got some rain so it has cooled off a tad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you selected :] definitely goes right along with all the Missoni for Target collection.

    I <3 your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :( If only that Marc Jacobs coat wasn't over $1000. It would be PERFECT for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette