Netflix Picks!

I have extremely picky taste in movies... So finding stuff to watch on Netflix is near impossible. Why so picky you ask? Well... I try to keep the movie palette on the G-rated side because there's already so much junk in my heart and mind.... I really don't need to add any more to it. But mostly all this has to do with Christ's spirit in me... If I truly believe that I'm a new creation, being formed into His likeness, then that should have some effect on the things I do...and in this case, watch. Everything I subject myself to affects me in some way...Even "entertainment". It's Newton's third law, actually! (Chuckles) Goodness! Who know I could make Netflix about Jesus and physics?!!!!! Oh boy! But anywho... Onto my Netflix movie picks!

These movies had interesting and enjoyable story lines.  Obviously, they aren't Oscar worthy in the least bit, but they're cute nonetheless. (Emphasis on cute.)

I think I like My Girlfriend's Boyfriend best...but You Again made me cry AND has Sigourney Weaver  in it...Uurgghh.. It's a toss up.... Let me know if you've seen these and what you think...

11 comments

  1. I haven't seen any of these! I love that you are careful what you watch, my husband and I are the same way and the result is that we hardly ever watch movies because there's mostly garbage out there:( These look good for an evening with just me, a blanket and some popcorn though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the second one.... at the beginning I was upset and I knew by husband wouldn't want to see it, but in the end it was super sweet!!

    I have the same problem Jannete!!I go through the titles: "The freebie", "No strings attached", "Boys I slept with", "The black swan"(that has a lesbian scene in it", and others that I discard when I watch trailers.... ugh!! so frustrating, I end up either getting action movies that I watch with Brandon or animation! But still where are the good chick flicks such as boy meets girl and everything is good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just canceled our Netflix. I would love to check those out maybe they will come out on STARS on our Direct TV huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! we try to keep our movies g rated too. It's so hard sometimes! Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen You Again and LOVED IT. I love Jamie Lee Curtis AND Kristen Bell. :)

    I will have to add that other one to my list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. You NEED to get Willy Wonka on your netflix, like NOW. It's rated G. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved You Again! Every Tuesday, my roomies and I get out a movie, I have to say I don't always agree with their picks but I always end up watching them and then it makes me feel sad/bad :( I'm really inspired by your stance and I have noticed that I am taking greater care in what I watch. Now that I'm older, I usually end up getting out PG-13 stuff. Anyway, the whole point of the story was, I made everyone watch You Again and we all loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've seen You Again awhile ago. It sounds familiar. I remember enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love You Again!! It's so funny. I'm a big Kristen Bell fan.

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette