Tutorial: Threaded Braids

Feliz Friday friends! Remember yesterday I told you I spent time with my niece putting stuff in our hair? Well... Here's what I did, in case you've ever wondered about such things. A colorful threaded braid how to! It's pretty easy!


What you'll need:
-Colorful embroidery thread
-Scissors
-Patience


You can also use these as  headbands... Just pull the braid across the top of your head and bobby pin on the other side. The possibilities are endless friends!

Hoping all these directions made sense!


Happy weekend!









PS. Isn't my niece soo cute!? She's like 5'10"! Model much? Ahhh! Love her!
PPS. Going to the drive in this weekend! Weee! Hoping I don't forget my camera!



Programs used: Microsoft Digital Image 7.0
Fonts: Vaguely Repulsive & Secret Code (I think.)

9 comments

  1. What a beauty! And aren't you two creative. This reminds me of when I was little and would go to the beach with my family and beg my parents to get me a hair wrap (which was essentially the same as this) and then I would wear it all summer till it started looking kind of gross. Ahhh. Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. :) I love putting stuff in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is creative. I like how your color blocking your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered how to do that! Thanks for the tutorial. Now I just need to grow my hair out. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE! That's pretty easy I bet and it looks so pretty! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cute idea for summer! never tried it before. I think I might try it with a large side braid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. rockin' this hard! what a slick look, i love it! really almost better than the feather rage, your radness precedes you.

    niecy is adorbz, love the Wednesday shots of you two. happy new week lovely friend! xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. linked you on my blog tutorial tuesday withlovekarla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette