How I Style My Summer!

Summer is in full swing and the weather has been merciless 'round these parts. I'm sure you've been respectively miserable at times... I have no AC at home or in my blackest of black car, so it gets pretty bad sometimes. I am grateful however for ceiling fans! And of course, super duper grateful for all of our service men and women across the world serving our country in that ferocious heat (THANK YOU!)! Now I feel like a nerd for complaining... (And I kind of don't want to finish my post.) But I shall continue! Where was I?!! Oh yes! Here is a list of how I style my summer...A must have/do list of sorts...


Summer Must Dos

1. Consume lots of refreshing drinks with freshly cut fruit pieces. My favorite is mixing lemonade (or iced tea) with pieces of mango, strawberries, and blueberries... Yummy! 
2. Wear glittery nail polish. My favorite colors right now are gold and carnation pink.

3. Make a friendship bracelet. I think there may be something wrong with me because my bracelet making attempts have been fruitless. I've watched about 5 how-to videos, read 2 tutorials and I still can't seem to get it right. I end up in a tangled mess....Boo! I shall not give up!!

4. Don a hair braid on all days ending with Y. My hair is wild and long, so I braid often to tame the mane.

5. Wear a maxi skirt. Maybe it's my body type, but I cannot figure out what looks good with a maxi skirt. But this is definitely on my summer must do list! (Any tips would be appreciated!)


So... how do you style your summer? What are your sunny and wonderful must dos/haves?












Collage made with Polyvore Editor.

10 comments

  1. I wish I knew how to braid my long hair. You should do little tutorial for us your lovely readers :)

    I think you'd look lovely in your maxi skirt paired with a flowy silk top. I find that its best for the humid NYC Summers.

    xoxo

    Cinderella's Closet NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!

    I agree with Cinderella. I do basic braids in the back but that's it.

    Summer musts - embellished tanks! The sweet tea is DEFINITELY on top. I fix it twice a week. Lip Stain with Burts Bees Chapstick (SPF!!) is also my must. Right now I'm really loving my Jade nail polish but it's more like a light mint color. It makes me think of the 50s. :)

    Oh hey, I'm working on my pages on my blog and tried your lil curlies you do. NOT AS CUTE as you but I tried. Also, check out my Beautiful Blogs page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list for summer time. I do not have AC in my home either so I am very thankful for ceiling fans and any shaded spot with and iced beverage. Luckily Seal beach is quite windy on most days so the breeze does help a little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make a friendship bracelet lately too, but I just can't bring myself to follow through haha. I recently bought a maxi skirt and am trying to figure out what to wear with it too... I might have to just 'wing it'. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love braids too! I actually do that braid quite often. :) I do have AC at home and don't need it in Alaska. Bright nail polish is a summer must for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the braids...gorgeous! As for the friendship bracelet...don't give up, you can do it!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the maxi dress is on my list too. I've been shopping for one, but can't find the perfect one in my budget... grrr. But I will! maybe a new thrifting hobby would help :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could do that braid, my hair is so short and plus I dont even know how to do it haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. well hello lotsa pretties to view....including the lovely new sidebar addition! as someone i love very much says "wooooo howdy!"! i adore it all.

    gotta get some A/C lades, Sean & i bought a portable last summer and it saved our life for reals. either that or make a trip to McD's, they have the best cool air pumping continuously out those ceiling grids - seriously! been there, done that many a time. summer style so far has been a bunch of hats to throw on, helps shade my peepers and keeps the white spears from blinding others ; )

    xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny that you made a must-do summer list. I have one going up tomorrow on my blog :)

    These are all must-do's!!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette