Passover Preparations


Heyyyy! Coming at you Friday night, secret style...The Sabbath is drawing near and I wanted to do a super quick post on one (actually it's sort of 2 rolled into 1) of my favorite feasts, Passover & Feast of Unleavened Bread.  I resent that this article says it's a Jewish feast. I do not believe that. They are YHVH's  feasts...Why do I say that? Well cause the Bible says He calls them His feasts. (Leviticus 23)..... Bu-ut... I guess they say that cause it's mostly Jews who celebrate it...So that's fine..I forgive Mr. Wiki. I'm grateful I get to celebrate with the Jewish people all over the world! Exciting!

(I can go on crazy tangents with this..but trying to stay on topic! )
Anywho!!

I'm not Jewish (I think I've said that a couple of times...but still get asked). I'm simply a believer in Yeshua (ie Jesus) who participates in the things that He would have participated in while on His earthly sojourn... You know the Last Supper? I'm sure you've seen paintings.... Uh...Yeah.. That was actually Passover.

So here I am... Passover & the Feast of Unleavened Bread start on Monday (sundown) this year.... No leavened bread is eaten for seven days, hence my picture of my leavened goodies on my kitchen counter... (A few days ago, I set all the leavened stuff outside so it could be eaten this week... I still have bread crumbs left that I'm not sure what to do with....Fried zucchini perhaps??? )

So first things first... Thee BIGGEST preparation of all is the removal of leaven (ie yeast, sodium bicarbonate) from the home... Searching it out & throwing it out! All of this, of course, is to point to the spiritual aspect of this particular feast (Feast of Unleavened Bread), which is the removal of "spiritual" leaven (ie sin) from our lives and walk with God. As Paul the Apostle says, "Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth" (1 Cor 5:8) It's also to remember the haste in which the Israelites left Egypt (so quickly, their bread had no time to rise) and their deliverance from bondage. (Isn't it a beautiful a perfect picture of Christ delivering us from our bondage to sin??!! WOWSERS!)

Which brings me to the following.. As a believer in Messiah I should always be examining myself, as Paul says,  "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you-- unless indeed you fail the test?" (2 Cor. 13:5). So I'm examining myself , praying, and reading the next couple of days (especially tomorrow, since I'll be resting and not doing much of anything else..) I'll tell you what the Lord shows me... It won't be pretty! But I'm grateful that if I confess my sin, He is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me...(1 John 1:9) I'm also grateful to have Yeshua in my life...Our Passover lamb...*sighs*



Shabbat Shalom!








PS. I apologize if this seemed choppy.. I was trying to do this before sunset.. Oh well... The sun beat me..Have a nice weekend! I'll be eating lots of bread before Monday night.. Haha!

3 comments

  1. What an interesting philosophy! Is this an actual religion that practices this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i agree, i have never heard of yesheau
    but have fun with preparations (:

    xx http://madelineweber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. likin' the Friday night secret stylz J! and wishing you all the goodness that this weekend has and Monday will bring - feasts and prayers and more. much loves sent your way. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette