Hmm...

(It is debated who said this quote originally, most sources attribute it to Edmund Burke.)

I believe next Monday is Holocaust Memorial Day (In Hebrew, Yom Hashoah). So I wanted to do some posts concerning this ineffably horrific historical event.... I started reading Schindler's List this weekend (in between conversations with people...such a busy Jongleur I tell ya!), and I've been thinking, if history dares to repeat itself (and you know how that goes)...Am I willing to risk my life to save others? I was actually asked this question by one of my Jewish sisters in Christ... She asked, "If the time comes [and the Holocaust happens again], are you willing to get into the cattle car too? Are you going to hide people in need?" 
Am I?
Hmm...

I hope I have the courage and strength to always stand for what is right...

Sighs,
PS. I have soooo much catching up to do this week! I apologize for delayed email responses, scattered twitterings, and distracted comments! Thanks for your patience! OH! And a big, warm hug & hello to the new neighbors (ie readers)! Can't wait to visit your respective blogaroos! Have a happy Tuesday that sort of feels like Monday!

6 comments

  1. Such a terrible thought to imagine that history may repeat in such a way. So many injustices to so many people...breaks my heart. :(

    I need to read Schindler's List...I have never even seen the movie. Oooh but you know what movie i LOVE? Life is Beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence that you posted this.. I'm taking a class on the Holocaust this semester and on Wednesday we're discussing forgiveness and what we do if we were in the Nazis' shoes versus the Jews'. It's all very interesting. I've been watching tons of documentaries and reading several books on the subject... and my final project/paper will be on how people could stand by and do nothing.

    ANYWAY, I like knowing that people think about this stuff, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite history topics to study. I got to visit Aushwitz in Poland. Amazing and sad experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I am this is a good question to ask one self I hope that I do the right thing I am imagine I would. it is important to stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always wanted to see Schindler's List and/or read it, but I'm just not sure if I can do it! Oh it hurts my heart to think about it. Such a horrible thing that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is cute! i like your name :) idk if i ever responded to your comment a while back but thank you :):)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette