Blog Swap with Ashley of Hudson's Happenings

Hey there Prettypies! You won't find this Jongleur here today! Cause I'm over here! Weee! Instead you get the ultimate blogilicious treat ever! A guest post  from one of my favorite bloggers and online pals, Ashley! Woo howdy!! Enjoy her grace,beauty, and wisdom....
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

HELLO Lovely Inhabitants of Jongleur-ville! My name is Ashley and I write a little blog called Hudson's Happenings....it's all about the beauty I find in my every day life as a wife and mother. You may be wondering why I'm here today, well, here's what's up:


A couple weeks ago my wonderful friend Janette requested that I write a little something regarding the "5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Becoming a Mother". Well, I jumped right on the guest post train! Whoo Whoo! But not without first requesting that she head over to my blog and share her version of "5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married".


I am so happy to be a part of a Blog Swap with Janette....isn't she just fabulous and amazing?! My favorite thing about her is that she just radiates kindness and positivity. But I'm sure that all of you readers know that already.


So on with the Blog SWAP!


5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Becoming a Mother:


1) I wish I knew.....that it would be a very long time before I felt like "myself" again.

When your baby is born, it's very easy to lose your own identity. Your time is spent being so many other things: a nurse, a therapist, a cook, a maid, even a human alarm clock. The "you" that you once were can seem a distant memory. But after those first difficult months start to pass, and you get into the swing of your new, wonderful life, you will slowly begin to find yourself again. Although, you may just realize, that you are an even better version of the person you were before....thanks to your baby.


2) I wish I knew.....that bathroom breaks may be the only alone time you ever get.
Let's be honest, every mother needs a little "me" time. A break from the chaos. A moment to herself. What you don't know, is that your best bet for that alone time will be during your quick trips to the restroom. And sometimes, well, most every time, those breaks will be interrupted by a sweet little knock and a scream for "MAMA!".


3) I wish I knew.....that I would require a thicker skin.

When you have a baby, you are often the recipient of lots of unwarranted advice, and, unfortunately, you sometimes will have to listen to how another mother's baby does 'this and that', while she tries to rope you into believing that your child might not be as wonderful as hers. Just remember that none of these opinions or suggestions matter. Remember that parenting is not a competition, and you, the mother of your own unique and amazing baby, will always know best. Let silliness and drama roll right off your back.


4) I wish I knew.....that what was once a 5 minute run to the store would now become an hour long fiasco.

When you have a baby, it will never again be possible to jump in the car and quickly run to the store to pick up a couple of things. Now you must pack a diaper bag, bundle the baby properly for the elements, strap the baby in the carseat, gather your purse and keys, entertain the baby while you drive to the store, unstrap the baby, get the baby in a shopping cart, calm the baby as you shop, find your items, get the baby back in the car, load your goods, and head home only to unload all that was loaded...including the sweet bundled baby. Whew. Trust me, it's hard work.


5) I wish I knew.....that as soon as my baby entered the world, I would develop an overwhelming love for this tiny person. A love that I've never known before.



This quote by Elizabeth Stone sums it up: "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." I have never worried so much, or loved so completely. To put it simply, becoming a mother is the best thing that ever happened to me.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Thanks for swapping your space with me, Ashley! It was a blast collaborating!

8 comments

  1. That quote by Elizabeth Stone is beautiful and I can only imagine how true it is. I look forward to having kids one day... but in the mean time it's lovely to get some extra advice before hand! =)

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew...I have finally emerged into reality after a massive attack of tornados. &! I laughed out LOUD at the photos! You little minx, you. ;)

    I am so happy we blog swapped! How fun it was to share these factoids for the masses.

    They can thank us later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Ashely, seriously this is me I think the only me time I have is when I shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post - love this blog swap idea.

    And that quote! I don't have any children, but I can imagine all the worry that goes along with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone... this is a wonderful and thought provoking! I have no babies yet but Ive seen my sisters deal with unsolicited advice, stretched thin, with no free time in sight! Hats off to you and all the mamas who selflessly and willingly put themselves last for the sake of their families! And that quote is awesomecakes too by the way! Oh and I'm glad my photo mashup made you laugh!! lol
    Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are a couple of my favorite blogger friends and to see you swapping it out this way makes me all kinds of happy dance party stylz!

    these are all lessons to take in and absorb, even though we don't have a little one yet my hope is that one day soon it'll happen so i'm most appreciative for these valuable points.

    i've actually heard tell from friends with babies that the bathroom is like their ashram... i had to giggle but can totally understand and i guess that's another reason to call the porcelain gods to action ; )

    omg, the kiddie pile up pic is my fave, that's an epic shot and pretty much says it all. cheers you lovelies, for turning out great posts and just being your wondrous selves. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janette I really enjoyed your post over at Ashley's :)

    And i LOVE ashley!! We're both lucky enough to be mothers of sweet little men...and I couldn't agree more with her about the things she wish she would've known. Thank goodness our babes are so forgiving as we learn the ropes of mommy-hood :)

    Numbers 4 & 5 were my favorite :) It definitely takes a bit loooooooonngger to do even the most simple grocery store run...but at the same time, there's nothing better than having your little shopping buddy :) And reading about her love that she had never known before her beautiful Hudson, how sweet!...Ashley is an AMAZING mother. Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adored this post! She had such wonderful things to say! I think every woman should was this! Lovely guest post Ashley!

    And I love yours Janette! Left you a comment over there!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette