Guest Post: Breeanna of a Brilliant Melody

DSC_0846
A Brilliant Melody

                                                                     

Hi there! I was so excited when Janette asked me to do a guest post on her wonderful blog! I think she has a great future in blogging and she’s one of my favorite reads!

I’m a 27 year-old graduate student studying school psychology in San Diego, California and I’ve been married for a year and half to my husband, who I’ve known since preschool (but that’s a whole other blog post!). I love working with children and I’m working part time as a middle school tutor until I start my school psychology internship in the fall.

Enough about me, let’s get to the good stuff! Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies. When I walk into a thrift store, it feels like a chance to dig through unwanted treasures. Of course, I don’t always find treasures, but that’s part of the hunt.

The department I usually head to first is either the clothes or the books. I love old books and have found a few first editions that may be worth something. Here are a few books I recently found.





DSC_0887

Botany 1884
DSC_0889


Architectural Drawing 1939
DSC_0894


In an effort to spend less and save more, I’ve started buying clothes at thrift stores. It’s amazing how cheap you get them and a lot of them are in good condition. Now most thrift stores do not wash the clothes before they sell them, so you’ll probably want to wash them before you wear them. Here’s some of my finds that I wear regularly.





Top and 1970’s boots $14
DSC_0769

3 Belts $10
DSC_0773


Lately I’ve been on the look out for frames of different sizes to make a large frame collage.
DSC_0789


I also look for vintage kitchenware and anything that I think can be up-cycled into something new.

Now for what I would never buy at a thrift store:

1. Underwear
2. Bed Sheets
3. Pillows
4. Socks

These are things I just wouldn’t feel comfortable using, even if they were cleaned really well. Pillows are especially hard to clean and some people drool when the sleep.

It always feels good to me when I buy used things at low prices. There’s so much great stuff out there!




Happy Thrifting!




6 comments

  1. Nice to learn a little more about you, Breeanna! Those are such neat frames!
    I don't blame you on those four things. I couldn't buy them either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book collection skills Breeanna! Amazingness! Thanks for being a gracious guest in Jongleurland...

    -Janette

    PS.Can't wait to see your large frame collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never gone thrifting but I definetly want to now! You have a great eye for things, I wouldn't buy those 4 used anywhere either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great! Thanks for letting me guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey breeanna, great guest post girl! i'm such an avid thrifter and vintage lover. the passion runs deep ova heah. thanks for sharing such coolities with us.

    loved hearing your bio too, i always dreamed of studying psychology myself. and wholly moz, since preschool you say! can't quite grasp how incredible that would be. knowing someone so close as your hubs since childhood. really rare, you are blessed for sure. cheers & wonderful to read your share today. ♥

    pea ess: thanks my j to tha jo, righteous graphics yet again...lovin' your titles. well done.xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful guest post Breanna! I especially love the knit top and the belts that you showed off :) Also, I completely agree with your four items- I wouldn't buy those at at thrift store either!

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette